Friday, September 2, 2011

Was Coming to Post

Okidokie. Time for another post. Why? I’m bored. I can’t remember half the names (plus some) of those I’ve met so far, and they all seem to be busy working or sleeping. I’ve been to the mall two or three times by myself in the past few days. Although, I do feel proud of myself for buying some shirts on my own (you know, without having others help me pick it out). It’s easy for me to pick out t-shirts alone, but since I don’t wear “nice” clothes very often, I usually need help deciding. But, this time I didn’t. I even went back to the store a second time to get other shirts.

However, the second time I went I spent about two hours trying to find the dadgum place. It was hectic, and there were tons of people crammed into tiny hallways. I think I have part of the second floor memorized now, though, at least enough for me to get to the places I want to go, which I would very much call a success for me. The shirts I bought are perhaps a bit questionable by home standards, but I may think that simply because I’m not used to them. I don’t remember if I said so before, but their styles are very different from what I’m used to in the U.S.

One shirt in particular in solid in the front but fishnet in the back, so of course you see skin. I asked the lady if people here normally wore an undershirt under this type of shirt, and she said no, though she did show me an undershirt I could wear with it if uncomfortable (which I bought for another shirt that was sheer). I feel like by the time I come back home, I’m going to be wearing a completely different wardrobe. Next on the list is actually a t-shirt or two, but those are hard to find, at least the ones I’m used to, yet again. Theirs are much longer and nicer, though somehow I keep seeing people walking around with “normal” t-shirts. . . .

Oh, and yesterday I explored a small market on the street that was on the way to the mall. (Caused me to pretty much use all my bus card credit because of me getting on the bus and off of it multiple times.) It was all very interesting, and there were a few things I wouldn’t mind going back to see, but there wasn’t something there that really caught my eye. Except where there was meet hanging on hooks. . . . I tried not to look as I passed. At least these were cooked, unlike most I’ve seen in the markets. They like everything fresh over here.

I’ll finish this later today after I’ve done whatever I’m gonna do.

Okay, so I’m finishing this later later. The above was written about two days ago. Yeah, I got distracted.

Anyway, I’ve got more to say now, or at least I thought I did, before it all went out the window. I ate at the canteen. Ate some chicken and rice, which was actually pretty good, although seeing the bones and all the places where I think there were veins and organs did throw me a little off my appetite. The rice was bland as well. I wanted to put some butter on it, but they have no butter, sadly, and I can’t stomach the soy sauce.

On a big positive side, I now know where my favorite places are in that big mall, and how to get to them. Luckily, they’re all on the same floor, and most on the same hall. How convenient. (Yes, one of the stores happens to be Pizza Hut. It’s my point of reference.)

I started classes. I have two on Monday, one on Tuesday, two on Wednesday, one on Thursday, and one on Friday. So far everything looks like it’ll be interesting. At least, the assignments and material will be. I think the professors need to step it up a little in terms of enthusiasm, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment