Sunday, August 21, 2011

No Title?

So I forgot to mention that there is a keypad on the door to the bathroom. (We have a hall bathroom/shower area rather than individual ones per room.) The door remains locked, and if you have no code, you can’t get into the bathroom. I feel sorry for any visitor that needs to go potty in the middle of the night. There is also a keypad with a code to get into the hostel, which I have yet to memorize. I have to carry a piece of paper with all the codes on it so that I don’t get locked out. And then there’s that ONE key that opens my room door. It needs a keychain.

I tried the roll, thinking it didn’t actually have something in it. However, there was smoked ham and cheese. I will heat it up and continue my food testing later today. I also tried the English bread. Not too bad, but not really my thing. It will be eaten though. The noodles I tried first, well, weren’t the greatest, and they made me lose even more of my appetite than usual after about ten bites. Cool thing? They have a tank in the kitchen filled with boiling water, which you then can put into your soup to cook it instead of placing it in the microwave.

It rained today for a short amount of time, which took up the time I was planning to go walking. I still have lots of daylight left, though, so I may very well still go walking. Maybe even get some night shots! That’s not really a bad idea, especially since I really need to get out of the computer chair, which is where I’ve been nearly all day. For over an hour, I have been talking to Pete, Ross, John, and Steven on Skype. Quite amusing, and I’m very glad they enjoy Rotary. It makes me miss everyone back at Centenary even more!

Oh, and then I realized after I bought my food that I had bought Cheese Curls instead of Cheese Balls. I hate my lack of attention sometimes. Or, well, most of the time, or maybe all the time. I really can’t think of a time when I could appreciate my lack of attention. Oh wait! There are those times in which people mention bad things or do bad things in my presence. You guys know who you are! Anyway, lack of attention must be appreciated in those moments.

2 comments:

  1. Jonnene says that the tank of hot water is often referred to as an urn. I think it should be called a caldron!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soooo... awesome that you are trying new things. Even if it is out of "fear of starvation" LOL Maybe I need to send you some hot chocolate.:) Keep up the good work. I love reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete